Winter Holidays in Morzine / Les Gets
The Portes du Soleil boasts over 600k of skiing with 351 marked pistes and 238 lifts across France and Switzerland. NEW for the 2019/20 seasons are 7 more pistes, 2 fast lifts and another snowpark – making it one of the biggest international ski areas in the world!
AND there’s the off-piste (aka backcountry) and the piste-sauvage (the bit between the pistes). Ok we made the wild bit up, but it is totally a thing and the terminology is already catching on. As are all the tertiary activities…
- Skiing: Alpine, downhill, uphill (!), telemarking… Take a half day lesson or guide as technique is infinite… you could try the PDS loop but there are a lot of lifts to contend with. Ditto the Swiss Wall and moguls. Look out for regular flood lit DH racing in the evenings.
- Snowboarding: What powder days were made for. Head to The Stash (or The Little Stash), park rat it up at Chapelle, Avoriaz or try out EaglePark, Morzine (new for 19/20). Watch the pros during halfpipe events – even Jenny Jones catches the bus with us mere mortals!
- Rando: witness your fitness soar as you skin up, yomp and glide at altitude or go for an actual winter walk
- Ski de Fond: classic or skate, the boots are comfy either way.
- Paragliding: hold on tight to your tandem instructor whilst you admire Mont Blanc!
- Snow shoeing: see the scenery at a slower pace, follow marked routes or hire a guide to explore the backcountry
- Torchlit Sledging: head-torch night runs are incredible
- Husky Sledging: such cute paws tho
- Ice skating: outdoor and indoor patinoires
- Ice Hockey: matches every Saturday night – make sure you sit on the hometown Pingouins side!
- Swimming: lane, casual or kids, or ski to Aquariaz where there’s even a lazy river and outdoor jacuzzi!
- Spas: relax in one of our sauna/hot tubs or do some Wim Hoffing in the snow. There’s also a great spa at Hotel Samoyède.
- Yoga: 121 lessons in your chalet or attend a class any time of the week
- Massage: mobile or in house, try a Swedish full body or an ayurvedic Indian Head Massage to clear the sinuses
- Music Festivals: Rock the Pistes or Snowboxx (March)
Pick your week, book a chalet and some Xtras. Have the snow holiday of a lifetime!
Why visit in Winter
Large family chalet Log fire Sunny balcony Private parking
Why visit in Summer
Awesome family chalet with garden Quiet picturesque location Secure bike storage Gets the afternoon sun
Stylish spacious contemporary chalet with stunning panoramic views
Perfect setting for a luxurious winter or summer retreat