Summer Holidays in Morzine / Les Gets
Bring your own shiny bike(s), hire trusty equipment from our partners or dig out your walking boots? There’s some-thing (if not multiple-things) for all ages, abilities and aptitudes!
- Mountain Biking: from family friendly trails along the river to graded Downhill Trails and Bike Parks or ride the cross country enduro PDS circuit
- Road Cycling: eat cols for breakfast then try the famous Joux Plane (1700m) with a 989m climb over 11k!
- E Bikes: all the rage, is it cheating or fair game? You decide!
- Lakes: paddle-board, canoe, swim or fish in Lake Montriond or try the inflatable Wibit in Les Gets
- Waterfalls: hike or drive to Nyon or Ardent
- Swimming Pools: lane, casual or kids, with 3 indoor and 2 outdoor (from an Olympic 50m to waterslides, a little kids pool, water games, volleyball and a restaurant) in Morzine or pop to Aquariaz for the lazy river, rubber dinghy slide and outdoor jacuzzi!
- Walks, hikes & trail runs: use the pedestrian lifts or follow the trails for incredible views
- Horse riding: hacking for beginners to pros and donkey rides or small children
- Fantasticable: 100 kph zip wire in the Chatel mountains
- Paragliding: choose from 1600m in Morzine, 1827m in Les Gets or go higher from Avoriaz!
- Canyoning / Caving: abseil 42m into a gorge and then down natural cascades
- Via Ferrata / Climbing: at stunning Sixt-Fer-Cheval
- White water rafting / Hydrospeeding: ride the river rapid snow melt!
- Yoga: Fancy a power hour or a power nap on the decking? Morzine is a mecca for yogis! (Yes there is Paddle-board Yoga!)
- Goat Village: pause in Lindarets for coffee or lunch and pet the roaming Alpine animals
- Mountain restaurants: lunch with a view, traditional Savoyarde fayre or reserve a table at a Michelin starred restaurant in town
- Museums and Exhibitions: from the permanent Mechanical Music galleries in Les Gets to touring Art Shows in Morzine
- Little Train: visit hamlets and local producers
- Morning Markets: artisan goods in Morzine on Wednesdays and Les Gets every Thursday
Geneva: posh shops, multicultural back streets, museums and home to the UN
Annecy: the Venice of the Alps, cycle 42k around Europe’s cleanest lake and then swim in it!
Spartan: Tough, multi-day obstacle racing 10-50k (July)
Harley Days: Festival of retro motorbikes, live rock music and lots of leather clad Europeans! (July)
Mont Blanc Rally: Noisy fast cars and showy motors (Sep)
PDS MTB Festival: the opening of the lifts is celebrated with an 80k circuit
UCI DH/XC MTB World Cup: Les Gets plays host to pro rider racing (Sep)
Unsure where to start?! Grab yourself a Multipass for unlimited access to pedestrian lifts, lakes, tennis courts, pleasure trains and shuttle buses!
Why visit in Winter
Large family chalet Log fire Sunny balcony Private parking
Why visit in Summer
Awesome family chalet with garden Quiet picturesque location Secure bike storage Gets the afternoon sun
Stylish spacious contemporary chalet with stunning panoramic views
Perfect setting for a luxurious winter or summer retreat
Why visit in Summer
Secure garage for storing bikes Centrally located Balcony
Charming Morzine apartment
Well located on quiet road just a 5 minute walk to ski lifts and town centre