Things to Do in Morzine
Besides the obvious (skiing and snowboarding), Morzine has so much more to offer in the winter. So whether you don’t ski, or perhaps you want a day doing something else; here are just a few of the activities you could experience!
- Helicopter tours – Daily panoramic helicopter tours are available (weather permitting) with a number of local flight companies for an unforgettable experience!
- Husky sledding – spend an hour trying to hang on for dear life, trying to keep the sledge upright, while gorgeous huskies pull you through the snow!
- Ice climbing – Grab your crampons and ice axes to make your way up one of the frozen waterfalls in the area: the Gachette, Dame du Lac or Brochaux.
- Ice diving – Dive into the depths of Lake Montriond, a beautiful lake surrounded by stunning scenery. If that’s not your thing, I’d recommend just going for a walk around the lake, it’s definitely worth a visit!
- Paragliding – jump off a mountain with a parachute. Fantastic views and a rush of adrenaline, what’s not to like?!
- Snowmobiling – You can pay to be a passenger or drive one yourself. Do it alone or in pairs, during the day or at night, snowmobiles are powerful and incredibly fun.
- Snowshoeing – Great exercise, a good way to explore the mountain and meet other people if you book onto a guided tour!
- Segway – Book a guided tour and discover the mountain on a Segway!
Rainy day activities
White out conditions? Crappy weather? Don’t worry, there’s plenty or indoor fun to be had!
- Cinema Rex. Shows at least one English film a week! Look out for posters around town to see what’s on.
- Get pampered. Go to a local spa or even better, have Morzine Massage come to you! Whether you just want a relaxation massage or an intensive sports massage for those aches and pains, this is the perfect stress reliever for a crappy day!
- Go swimming. Aquariaz (in Avoriaz) is an ‘aquatic paradise’ with slides, a water playhouse, a rooftop Jacuzzi and more! It is an ideal place to spend an afternoon and great fun for kids. Unlike most French swimming pools, men are allowed to wear swim shorts (instead of speedos), which is good news for everybody.
- Ice hockey! Every Saturday at 8.30pm and Wednesday at 9pm at the skating rink in Morzine. Go and support our Morzine Penguins!
- Of course, there are lots of shops, bars and restaurants to go explore too.
To find out more things to do in Morzine, visit the Tourist Office, as they will have up to date information on local events or activities!